PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony PlayStation is looking for a Director, Product Design. This person is a key member of the UX Design leadership team, and is responsible for the UX design of the PSN user interface both from interaction and visual perspective. You will also be overseeing the PlayStation Network UX/UI for both on-console and on-web specifically as it relates to video and music content.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing accountability for the UX design quality specifically across the VUE, Video, and Music services but also contributing to the overall PS ecosystem
- Creation and execution of the design strategy based on brand guidelines, business goals, and user needs
- Acting as an evangelist for “Design Thinking” both internally and externally
- Mentoring design leaders and ensuring the growth of the design team
- Forecasting and managing the design resources
- Providing direction to all projects and assuming responsibility for the final output
- Partnering with product management and engineering to ensure alignment and consistency throughout the process
- Managing agency partners and internal contractor relationships
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design related studies is required; portfolio demonstrating 15+ years of interaction design, user experience and visual design work
- Solid experience designing for 10 ft experiences for video content (e.g. Apple TV, Roku)
- Experience with vendor evaluation, selection, and management
- Ability to set and provide design vision within the department and across business units
- Knowledge and working within the agile software development process (SAFe)
- Experience being successful within both agency and client-side experience
- Deep experience working within a technical environment
- Strong knowledge and/or interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices
- Extensive experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages
- Deep passion or knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries
- The ability to speak, write, or understand Japanese language is a luxury
- Ardent or spirited PlayStation (PS4) gamer!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.