PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software QA Engineer (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
Job Summary: We are looking for a full stack hands on QA engineer who is passionate about what and how the content is presented to users which is based on their preference. You will be part of a hybrid team (frontend/backend) and will work on testing new features related to personalized content and maintaining automated test frameworks for frontend and backend services!
- Plan and execute QA related activities
- Develop, maintain, execute manually and automate test cases
- Work closely with developers, product and program management team
- Ability to apply agile based software testing practices and procedures to ensure the highest level of software quality for all products tested
- Proven experience with working on projects utilizing CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Experience developing automation framework from scratch
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in developing/maintaining automation framework from scratch
- BS in CS or related field (4 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree)
- Previous experience implementing/executing automated tests
- Working knowledge of existing automation frameworks and ability to enhance current framework
- Experience with Databases, SQL and NoSQL
- Solid knowledge and practice of object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience testing microservices and REST API’s
- Experience working on cloud platform (AWS Preferred)
- Solid working knowledge in Linux/Unix systems
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Git/GitHub
- Experience with Machine Learning Architecture, Splunk and React
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest in SIE.