PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Data Science Manager
The Data Strategy and Operations (DSO) team has grown rapidly over recent years in response to an increasing need for the business to leverage data to inform and shape key decisions, and to identify new opportunities. Currently there are over 100 staff within the global DSO team, made up of high quality data science and engineering professionals covering BI architecture and platform support, data processing, insight reporting, predictive analytics, scrum masters and product management
Due to team expansion DSO are looking to recruit talented, highly driven individuals who have excelled in previous roles and are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Data Scientists in DSO apply advanced analytical methods and tools to drive value from the data through techniques such as customer segmentation, predictive modelling, forecasting and other algorithms. Our work delivers an in depth understanding of consumer behaviours and support multi-channel targeting and personalization.
What you’ll be doing
You will work in our San Mateo HQ in a distributed agile team, supporting stakeholders throughout the global business in areas such as marketing, CRM, product planning and development, R&D and retail.
- Develop, train, test and deploy data science models, such as customer behavior segmentation or predictive modelling
- Apply appropriate statistical techniques to answer product questions and understand consumer behavior
- Lead and act as a line manager to three data scientists
- Work with Product Managers to gather requirements from stakeholders, prepare and present analysis results
- Communicate findings to other technical and non-technical teams
- Act as an ambassador for the team; maintain and enhance reputation and profile within the business by building strong relationships with stakeholders and positively contributing to DSO delivering the highest possible value from people and technical resources available.
- Some global travel may be required, usually to Sony offices in London or Tokyo.
- Masters degree or PhD in a relevant technical or mathematical field
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong data management skills including SQL
- Experience developing data science models with Python and associated libraries
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; including the ability to present detailed analyses to a broad audience range
- Organized self-starter, with drive and commitment; able to work with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Experience of line management and mentoring junior data scientists.
- Experience working with distributed computing tools (Spark etc.)
- Experience of deploying data science models on scalable cloud platforms
- Experience of visual analytical tools such as Tableau
- Experience of relevant industries (e.g. gaming, digital commerce, subscription services)
- Interest in gaming
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.