PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
This is an 12 month temporary position through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
PlayStation’s Visual Arts Group provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art and animation, as well as previsualization, cinematics, character creation, motion capture, software development, and face/body scanning, tracking and solving.
We are looking for a Technical Supervisor to join our San Diego, California development team where you will be responsible for the planning, set up, and maintenance of our technical pipeline on all projects including environment management, workflow tools, and automation.
You will lead a team of technical artists to ensure all project needs are met, write tools for our artists for a variety of software packages, troubleshoot technical issues that arise, and ensure the quality of our final product. Our Technical Art Department works with both our art and engineering teams to help provide communication cohesion between the groups.
This position requires experience and understanding of visual effects pipelines, extensive experience with Autodesk Maya software, and strong python programming skills.
- Working with clients and internal teams to set up project technical pipelines.
- Setting up and maintaining project specific environments and automation.
- Learning and supporting varying client working environments, assets, and tools.
- Writing, maintaining, and customizing internal tools for production team.
- Building and maintaining technical documentation.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years in a branch of visual effects (film, game dev, tv, etc) with previous experience leading or supervising a team.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya with general knowledge of Maya rigging
- Strong Python programming skills and experience with PyQt/Pyside.
- Experiencing developing or maintaining project pipeline tools and system environments.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to creatively solve problems.
- Knowledge of or experience with game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary engines.
Nice to Have:
- Motionbuilder experience.
- Experience with other programming languages, especially C++.
- Experience with perforce and/or git.
- Experience with project management and tracking software (such as Shotgun).
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.