PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
User Research – Contract
San Diego Studio
Seeking an experienced UX Researcher interested in the world of games, gamers and gaming. Perfect for an individual who can identify and deliver on the research needs of the cross-functional teams they support.
- Conducts and oversees user research projects for at least 1-2 primary game features, under the direction of the manager, including all stages from planning to execution
- Creates and maintains effective relationships with development teams
- Carries out research using a variety of methods, including, but not limited to: usability testing, appeal testing, surveys, exploratory research, and field studies
- Creates research reports and surveys
- Leverages telemetry and marketing data, when available, to provide a holistic view of the user experience
- Communicates research results to development teams for discussion and future implementation
- Offers design suggestions based on observation, research, and expertise
- Conducts brainstorming sessions with development teams to assist in the design process
- Assists in building/ managing research participant database
- BA/BS in human factors, psychology, anthropology, cognitive science or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience conducting user experience research, leveraging a mixed methods approach
- Strong background in both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- An interest in games, gamers and gaming
- Flexible schedule, willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Low-drama approach to work, openness to learning new research approaches
- Advanced degree in human factors, psychology, anthropology, cognitive science or related field
- Experience as a Games User Researcher
- Experience conducting user research at all stages of the development process
- Experience running brainstorming exercises
- In-depth knowledge and passion for baseball
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.