PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Online Programmer
PlayStation: San Diego Studio
We will consider mid-level to senior plus professional experience.
We have a great opportunity to join the Sony PlayStation team. We have recently built a new San Diego Studio campus and seek a Senior Online Programmer. Here, you will improve online systems and tools for the MLB The Show product line. After learning the current online architecture and systems, you will add online features to the game, extend or develop server-side systems and implement groundbreaking new concepts. Your efforts will directly impact the next generation of The Show. If this is you, you need to come play with us here at PlayStation.
- Learn, maintain, augment existing online code, servers, and tools.
- Collaborate with designers to turn ideas into concrete game features.
- Recognize sub-optimal code systems and workflows, refactoring as needed.
- Research and experiment with new implementation techniques.
- Game industry experience required.
- Strong programming skills with C++.
- Comfortable programming with C#.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with asynchronous message passing architectures.
- A detailed understanding of Internet communications and associated standard methodologies.
- Multi-platform development experience (*nix, Windows, gaming console).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to write efficient, compact code for systems with limited resources.
- Ability to design and implement modular and easily extensible solutions.
- Experience with user interface programming and tools development.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with .Net, WPF, and MVVM UI development.
- Familiarity with MySQL or other RDBMS.
- Familiarity with cryptography or TLS/SSL.
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems and deployment orchestration.
- Detailed baseball rules understanding.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.