PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Director, Capacity Planning (Aliso Viejo, CA)
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation is owning the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device.
In this critical role, you will support the Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure division in driving capacity planning for the PlayStation™Now service. You will partner closely with Engineering and Technical Procurement to develop infrastructure delivery strategies that optimally balances capacity across regions in a cost effective manner. You enjoy facing new challenges and the sense of accomplishment from pursuing them. Never a dull day, a healthy mix of various projects ensures that the work is both challenging and fast paced.
- Serve as the key business partner to provide financial recommendations on cost drivers, capacity utilization, optimizing dark time performance, margins and other metrics
- Communicate with and present plans to executive leadership
- Aggregate demand forecasts and create infrastructure delivery roadmaps by region
- Partner with Data Center Ops to ensure adequate Power and Space is available globally and define strategies for data center expansion
- Ensure adequate processes and tools are in place to procure and manage hardware in a timely manner
- Build critical cross functional relationships with engineering and supply chain
- Develop operational metrics and insights to provide guidance to the operations and drive budgeting and business decisions
- Performs competitive analysis on pricing, margins
Skills and Knowledge:
- BA/MS in Finance, Economics, Engineering or a highly analytical field (e.g., Math, and Computer Science). MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in roles related to operational planning and strategy
- Ability to work cross-functionally to drive strategic initiatives
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills and presentation abilities
- Must be able to think strategically and operate effectively at the executive level
- A proven track-record in process re-engineering and optimization
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to build and validate statistical models
- Prior experience in data center, cloud industry or related field is a must
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.