PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Cloud Operations Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
If you have a passion for the latest cloud strategies and you thrive in fun yet challenging environments with complex distributed systems, you can be a part of PlayStation's success!
Our Cloud Ops team is responsible for the deployment and continuous operation of the PlayStation Network. We plan to take our existing cloud platform to the next level with CI/CD, automated diagnostics/scaling/healing, containers, PaaS, and more.
The role of Cloud Operations Engineer is a blend of automation, development, and application administration. It is a hands-on technical position in a dynamic atmosphere. You have prior experience handling cloud based n-tier web applications and strive to tackle traditional operations problems through automation and software. More so, you possesses a high standard of quality, have a strong customer focus, and are capable of technical deep-dives into code, database, load balancer, network, operating systems, and storage.
- 5+ years industry experience supporting web applications, PaaS, or cloud technologies
- 3+ years deploying and operating applications in the cloud: AWS, Rackspace, etc; strong experience crafting and handling fault tolerant web platforms with 99.9+ availability
- Shown experience configuring and performance tuning one or more of the following web servers: Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, etc.
- Strong proficiency coding in multiple scripting languages: Python (ideal), Ruby, Java, advanced Shell Script
- 2+ years of experience with database technologies: MySQL, Cassandra, or other noSQL; using monitoring tools: Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic, Dynatrace, etc; experience using Continuous Integration tools (Git, Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory,Chef/Puppet/Salt, etc.)
- Deep understanding of DevOps principles; able to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Strong Network and Security Architecture background
- Ability to diagnosis and resolve production issues
- Ability to design and develop a JavaEE, Ruby, or Python n-tier web application
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.