Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our in passionate team.
We are seeking a Senior Network Programmer to contribute to our development process on the AAA game, Days Gone. This position specializes in specific areas of programming that centers around the support of low-level network issues (ex: TCP, UDP, etc.), multiplayer engine design/architecture, PSN platform services, digital rights management, patching and digital commerce.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the game’s design to manage communication and enable early identification of issues.
- Collaborate with the production team to develop aspects of the specified game-play experience from a technical perspective.
- Provide input and/or develop the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle, from pre-production through final product release.
- Maintain a clear understanding of personal task lists and project milestones to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule or game-play perspective.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to managers.
- Manage requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry in specialized area of personal expertise.
- Professional experience within the game industry.
- Professional experience in network/systems programming using C/C++.
- Would consider C# or Java alternatively.
- Network architecture and low-level network protocols (ex: TCP, UDP, rUDP, etc.).
- Strong 3D Math skills.
- Strong C/C++ experience.
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Game console experience.
- S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Network game development for game consoles and/or Network client application programming for embedded, desktop or mobile environments.
- Data security with untrusted clients, bandwidth optimization and packet shaping, load balancing and/or host selection in a dynamic environment.
- Security and authentication techniques like DRM, SSL/crypto, etc.
- Research new hardware platforms and related APIs.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.