PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager who is passionate about new technologies to join our dynamic team and help us deliver software for our PlayStation Network. This extraordinary network provides online services for the PS4, Web, PS3, PSP, Vita, Tablets, mobile phones, PC, Bravia TVs and more. We build large internal enterprise applications which integrate and support such services as Movie/TV Show streaming, PSN gaming commerce and much more. Our environment is fun, high energy, and diverse.
- Manage large/complex projects which may include rollout, go to market, and deployment. Create project schedule and execution plan with resource and material requirements.
- Make constant assessment of feature pipeline, work done and work quality to support decision making on release delivery schedule.
- Influence stakeholders in the assessment, planning and management of new projects.
- Anticipate roadblocks, bring up issues and drive resolution across a multi-functional team.
- Bring a data driven approach to project management.
- Establish working relationship and rule of engagement with stakeholders.
- Work with engineering, product management, program management, operations and support teams. Accountable for the Project completion within designated timelines.
- Regularly prepare materials and present project status update to stakeholders.
- Perform Project management/Scrum Master activities such as stand ups, PI planning, sprint planning and retrospectives as well as implementation activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Marketing, Project Management, Business Administration related discipline.
- Approximately 2-5 years related experience in software or networking industry.
- Knowledge and experience applying Agile project methodology concepts.
- Knowledge of project management concepts.
- Technical project experience on enterprise impacting projects.
- Must be able to pull and manipulate data from Engineering tools to showcase progress, identify issues and help resolve them to ensure quality and timely releases.
- Demonstrated clear leadership skills and solid experience working with large project teams.
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility within the organization.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in SIE.