PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Software Development Engineer in Test Intern
San Diego, CA
You will work on the Next Generation of Console for all the testing development activities within the Social aspect of Console.
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Are you the sort of person that is comfortable analyzing a network protocol in Wireshark one moment, debugging a ReactNative application the next? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help build? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both teamwork and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in beautiful San Diego in a beautiful building offering daily cafe, sushi bar, gym, basketball court, car washes and more.
- Collaborate with the automation framework and tools team to develop and maintain test automation infrastructure
- Collaborate with development teams to understand the feature, and participate in architectural and design decisions
- Set up test frameworks and help QA teams set up automation infrastructure
- Author common APIs and libraries for test automation
- Work with QA teams to build, maintain, and improve automated test suites for applications on the PlayStation console
- Collaborate with distributed teams for automation design and development
- Work with the infrastructure team to build and maintain common services such as CI pipelines
- Computer Science or EE (Bachelors or master student)
- Passion for SW development
- Familiarity/exposed to Selenium or Appium
- Familiarity with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
- Familiarity with Python
- Proven experience designing and crafting automation frameworks and test suites
- A good work ethic
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.