PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Corporate Strategy Analyst
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Corporate Strategy Analyst. SIE's Corporate Strategy team works closely with SIE management and is responsible for navigating SIE toward long-term success.
The Corporate Strategy team resides in Corporate Strategy & Development and is tasked with identifying and articulating transformative growth and innovation strategies while also supporting complex strategy development projects.
This is an exciting and challenging role with the opportunity to influence Sony and the global media and technology industries. The candidate is expected to bring research and analytics, strategic problem solving, and strong communication skills.
- Support and lead projects initiated under Corporate Strategy & Development, including Mid-Range Planning and other initiatives
- Organize and build executive level Corporate Strategy presentation documents, also including applicable strategic frameworks
- Perform market research, including market data collection, aggregation, analysis, and presentation documents
- Provide executive level factual summaries and implications analysis for industry news and events
- Build financial, operating, predictive, and statistical models supporting Corporate Strategy initiatives
- Provide data and data driven analysis by performing database queries and interfacing with internal data and analytics teams
- 2+ years of strategic planning, consulting, or investment banking experience
- Experience performing research and data analysis to develop business strategy and plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and executive presence
- Ability to query data and strong data analysis skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure to meet fixed deadlines
- Strong team-player
- Ability to work with multiple cultures and to tailor work style and messaging to collaborate effectively across globally distributed teams
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- BA required, MBA strongly preferred
- Experience working for a major video gaming or entertainment company a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.