PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Digital at Retail Insights Analyst
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team are part of a vibrant organization that manage both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation. GSS brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
The Digital at Retail team plays a key role in GSS strategy and innovation. Reporting to the Global Digital at Retail Director, the Digital at Retail Insights Analyst will play a critical role in evaluating the impact of D@R through interpretation and reconciliation of data, insights to the behavior of D@R, and recommendations to increase SIE’s digital footprint in the retail space. This role will also ensure optimization to the D@R business including reporting, inventory stock management, and invoice settlement.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and storyteller, is data-driven with a strong analytical mind, extremely detail oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Provide comprehensive performance updates for Digital at Retail including extracting, analyzing, and interpreting transactional data on a Global level and at a Territory level as needed
- Partner with Insights team to understand impact of D@R business as it relates to PlayStation Store and Services and provide actionable recommendations to increase and optimize PlayStation’s digital footprint at retail
- Leverage data to analyze and optimize all business models including monitoring KPIs, ROI, and operational costs
- Understand full data flow and apply expertise in collaborating with internal stakeholders and local territories to provide recommendation for country expansion, product expansion, and tool improvements
- Create monthly and quarterly D@R performance reports for partners
- Reconciliation of D@R business including monthly reports and redemptions with an acute ability to identify and solve for variances
- Stock inventory reconciliation of product in market versus actual sales - determine inventory threshold based on sales, re-orders, and manage invoicing settlement
- Collaborate with other analytics teams in the wider organization to drive business
- At least 6+ years of relevant analytics experience
- Data-driven and highly skilled at extracting and consolidating data from multiple sources
- Proven track record of reconciliation including identifying and resolving discrepancies to create a uniform report and consumable output
- Insightful with the natural talent of synthesizing data to create compelling business models and profitable initiatives
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Experience with Tableau, Python, or similar preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Data Analytics or related field
- This role in within Global Store and Services; international travel may be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support Global Business Operations.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.