PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Analytics Engineer
San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo)
PlayStation is looking for a hardworking Senior Analytics Engineer for a key position in an exciting greenfield project. You will be spearheading the development of this strategic project at PlayStation, working closely with globally distributed teams to deliver a game changing business intelligence platform at a global scale.
This role will be primarily responsible for the creation of the core architecture of this project, including data modelling, visualization design, API integration and embedding content into multiple PlayStation applications.
This role will be based in our San Diego office and will be required to fit into a highly skilled global team while working with limited direct supervision.
- Translate requirements and collaborate globally to develop across both database and business intelligence platforms.
- Designing and optimizing complex data transformation (SQL) strategies.
- Designing performant models for the data warehouse or data mart (data structure, storage, and integration).
- Co-developing the data architecture/pipeline analysis, design, and build effort.
- Designing performant API integrations across the business intelligence platform.
- Designing and optimizing any embedded content requirements across the enterprise architecture.
- Responsible for optimizing global performance of the platform for all end users.
- 5+ years of creating business intelligence development across multiple technology vendors (e.g. Domo, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, etc.).
- Extensive SQL centric project work.
- Experience working with large data sets, data architecture, complex data pipelines, management and governance.
- Deep knowledge with at least one of the following database technologies and familiarity with the others: relational, columnar and NoSQL (i.e. Snowflake, Redshift, Netezza, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, MongoDB).
- Excellent understanding of data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design – with both traditional 3rd normal form as well as dimensional modeling, such as star and snowflake).
- Experience with or exposure to scripting and big data technologies (Java, Python, R, etc.)
- Experience of integrating API frameworks into wider business intelligence solutions.
- Experience of extending core business intelligence platform functionality using the platform SDK or API framework.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to guide an audience through clear, concise communication and decision-making.
- Experience with a wide variety of business data (Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc.)
- Passion for turning complex data into UX focused, intuitive and performant visualizations.
- Goal oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes.
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success.
- Possess an innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a team player, and manage change effectively.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Some international travel required (e.g. UK, Japan).
- Extensive Domo experience.
- AWS development experience.
- Experience working in web analytics or a related field.
- Experience with statistical methodologies.
- Exposure to Data Science, Data Modeling and analytics.
- Japanese language proficiency and working experience strongly preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.