PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. UI / UX Game Designer
Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation
Located at San Diego, CA
Do you like video games? Would you like millions of users to experience your creative handiwork? Do you have great empathy for your users? Do you want a career opportunity that combines both your passion and skills as a UI/UX Game Designer? Then you need to come and play with us here at Sony PlayStation!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our San Diego Development Studio team. We seek an experienced UI/UX Designer, who wants to jump in and help concept and define the look and feel of our game experiences. The ideal candidate is highly creative, with their finger on the pulse of the best UI/UX trends, a self-starter, capable of creating first class experiences, is very empathetic to their user-base, and has some experience in the gaming realm.
- Help create the look and feel of new and existing game experiences
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product management, UI/UX department, game design, and engineering to define, design and implement fun and innovative solutions.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present designs to peers and stakeholders while clearly communicating design rationale.
- Work with Lead Designer, Game Designers, and Product Managers to help create, rapidly iterate on, and achieve the vision for UX and UI in a given feature or game.
- Visually and verbally articulate design decisions to teammates both within and outside of the team project.
- Concept best in class design ideas to solve complex design problems, minimize player pain points, and elevate UX/UI in our products.
- Establish and promote best practices, and share these with other cross-functional teams.
- Conceptualize new styles, if needed, in order to raise the bar within established IP.
- Scope work, to fit within milestone deadlines and deliver on time.
- Learn existing UI tool and help advocate for needed iterations
- Research and experiment with new implementation techniques
- 5 years of experience as a UI/UX Designer with at least 2 years within video games
- Proficiency in Photoshop and After Effects
- Experience working with one or more forms of UI authoring tool
- Be up to date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, and technology
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, visual designs, and prototypes as well as clear documentation.
- Demonstrate UI / UX design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.