PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Insights Analyst (Data Scientist)
San Mateo, CA
Execute advanced analytics and statistical modeling projects related to platform engagement, customer segmentation and buying behavior analysis, customer retention analysis, ecommerce store management and performance, games-video-music cross engagement trends, etc.
- Utilize linear/logistic regression and other statistical techniques, as well as decision trees and clustering analyses to study customer behavior
- Independently extract and integrate data from multiple data systems (including writing complex SQL queries) to support analytical efforts.
- Perform cross-service analysis that focuses on video, music, and gaming divisions.
- Develop understanding of a la carte and subscription based business models.
- Assist Business Strategy and Analytics team in developing insightful and actionable analysis of Sony’s Network Services.
- Develop data analysis and status reports as required to meet management requirements.
- Provide thought-leadership in ongoing financial measurement and analysis of SNEI’s services. Identify new ideas and opportunities for analytic projects.
- Minimum 3 - 5+ years of experience in a business intelligence role, marketing analysis, business and/or financial management tasks for commercial organizations, preferably within the ecommerce space
- Master's Degree in Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, or Engineering preferred. BA/BS Degree (Mathematics, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science) is a minimum requirement
- A BA/BS Degree is required
- In-depth understanding and experience using supervised and non-supervised learning processes such as linear/logistic regression, clustering, decision trees, association analysis. Proficient in model validation techniques such as cross validation, bootstrapping, and out-of-sample testing
- 3+ years of advanced SQL programming skills required
- 3+ years of experience using statistical packages (R or Python) for model development
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and D3
- SPSS Modeler/SAS (Enterprise Guide)/SAS (Enterprise Miner) or similar experience
- Business model development and forecasting abilities
- Expert user of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint) as well as Visio in order to prepare all documents, presentations, tables, briefings, and worksheets
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- You are familiar with the PlayStation Network
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.