PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Information Security Analyst is a member of the Office of the Information Security Officer (ISO) for SIE Americas Corporate Office and WorldWide Studios. The team leads all aspects of Information Security in support of the SIE Americas and WorldWide Studios business units while maintaining positive relationships with shared services teams within Information Security.
You will be responsible for responding to operational problem issues and monitoring the external threat environment. Involved in the approval process for Risk Assessments and provide security consulting services to business owners and internal business partners.
- Support the Security Risk Assessment methodology, policy, strategy and process
- Perform hands-on gap and risk assessments to identify, document, and track significant information security risks associated with:
- Information systems
- Data centers
- Cloud and physical IT infrastructure
- Vendors and other third parties
- Monitor and review IT Security controls to identify operational effectiveness.
- Lead remediation efforts and track completion status of deficiencies.
- Maintain broad knowledge of standard methodologies and trends in the field of Information Security and other technologies relevant to systems operated by the Operations teams
- Work with Information Technology teams, business partners and leadership teams to translate security risk mitigation plans into actionable items to mitigate risk
- Collaborate with Product, Operations and Engineering organizations to understand requirements and develop security specifications around project initiatives.
- Research new security technologies and adopt suitable standard methodologies to tackle industry obstacles and security threats.
- Experience implementing or assessing security risks
- Extensive knowledge of security technologies, information systems, and risk assessment methodologies
- Desire to rapidly learn new and evolving technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in security hardening for hosts, services, applications, web applications, and database applications.
- 5+ years information security experience working within the technical arena
- Proven technical background in IT systems and networking in Cloud environments
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to :
- AWS (or similar) cloud security and infrastructure
- Web infrastructure security (Applications and APIs)
- Encryption technology and implementation
- Database security
- Disaster recovery concepts
- Operating system security and hardening
- Enterprise scale application hardening (e.g. GitHub, Jenkins, Slack)
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams to further the goals and mission of the Office of the ISO
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as social skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in security standards such as ISO 27001 and NIST
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- A bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Information Security, or Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) concepts
- A passion for the gaming industry is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.