PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Games User Research Intern
San Mateo, CA
As the Games User Research Intern you will support the User Experience Research team, game producers and game developers to conduct user research on San Mateo Studio titles. Primarily this will entail the following:
- Support senior user experience researchers to prepare and conduct research activities, and to perform analysis of test data
- Work closely with cross-functional product teams to identify research topics, capture stakeholder requirements, and communicate actionable results
- Contribute towards experimental design employing a variety of unique and creative methods
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and innovative ways, understandable by diverse audience
- Perform user research activities on non-games products such as PS4 hardware and network services
- Pursuing a Master's or Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, HCI, Human Factors Engineering (or related field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- 1-3 years practical experience developing study designs, testing, analyzing and reporting
- This opportunity would suit someone with a usability or human factors research background. The ideal candidate will have an MSc in an analytic field that focuses on people and/or product development
- You should be familiar with common user research tools and techniques including personas, heuristic evaluation, task analysis, fieldwork and ethnography, user testing, quantitative and qualitative data gathering and analysis
- A deep passion and interest in video games across a wide variety of genres
- Must have a strong commitment to quality, be organized, analytical, methodical, and have an interest in improving quality through the user research
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and able to present information concisely and effectively to people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills, especially in observing user behavior and identifying key problems which need to be addressed
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.