PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
MBA Strategy Intern (Platform Planning & Management)
Los Angeles, CA
As the MBA Strategy Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work with some of the brightest and most hardworking people in the business and in a space that is on the forefront of the future of entertainment. Through this internship, you will apply your “MBA skills” to help drive business and content strategy across our PlayStation platform. You will have key interactions with PlayStation partners across areas such as PlayStation Video, PlayStation Music, PlayStation Plus, and PlayStation Now.
Through this internship, you will work closely with content management partners on various existing strategic and operational initiatives. The projects reach across network groups and will have a direct impact on business initiatives and contribute to the future of PlayStation platform.
- Support the development and refinement of the global content and business strategies across various services such as, but not limited to PlayStation Video, PlayStation Plus, Music, and PlayStation Now
- Perform strategic analysis and financial modeling of content engagement and operational performance
- Conduct in-depth analyses of competitors’ strategies and internal business models to find opportunities for improving engagement and profitability
- Recommend business improvements, pricing strategies, and product offerings based on analysis of PlayStation users and industry trends
- Perform competitive and industry analysis related to SIE digital businesses. Present meaningful insights and recommendations for actions.
- Build comprehensive strategy presentations for senior executives
- Support the regular planning processes including: business forecasts, business updates, and strategic plan
The intern will gain the following experience during this internship including knowledge, skills and exposure:
- Exposure to digital media operations within a major entertainment network
- Develop solid understanding of emerging digital business models, technologies, and concepts
- Gain insight into the inner workings of the digital media business and industry dynamics on a global basis
- Experience working with international and multicultural partners
- A BA/BS Degree is required, MBA from a top-tier program (in progress)
- 2 – 5 years of prior experience in a related field (entertainment industry experience a plus, but not required)
- Strong analytical skills and experience with financial modeling in Excel
- Data savvy with the ability to drill down and identify key drivers and communicate insightful and actionable recommendations
- Expert user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Project) to prepare all documents, presentations, briefings, and worksheets
- Familiarity with framing business problems and developing hypothesis
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and passion for the media, entertainment, and technology industries (key players, growth trends and drivers, new media models, industry structure, etc.)
- Familiarity with PlayStation and the PlayStation Network
- Experience presenting to executive and management audiences
- Good work ethic coupled with a real passion for this field
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.