PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Operations Technical Specialist
San Mateo, CA
The Technical Operation team is seeking a Technical Specialist to assist with activities in support of our PlayStation hardware, accessories, peripherals and local onshore production facilities.
- Assist with service parts forecasting, procurement, logistics and special projects with our repair centers
- Assist with technical documentation to include repair, production process and rework documentation
- Review, evaluate and compile compatibility charts for service parts and production process documents
- Support a variety of technical activities (electro/mechanical) as needed, including documentation, process development, training and ad-hoc projects
- Assist Engineering staff with root cause analysis of products, components and other production support systems
- Provide QA and inspection process support for new product introductions
- Participate in technical reviews, collaborating with subject matter experts to build technical bulletins for the Americas
- Report statistics, critical metrics and other technical feedback to a variety of outside teams both in the Americas and globally
- Work closely with customer service, evaluating consumer feedback and service trends to identify issues or opportunities that may require technical resources be assigned
- Support electro-mechanical packaging and scan process automation equipment at warehouse locations in North America
- Work with the Supply Chain team to assess, evaluate and implement electro/mechanical equipment, or process solutions, to reduce costs, improving productivity and quality
- Support the Product Safety & Compliance team with regulatory compliance validations and product safety incidents
- Support QA activities with various processes throughout the Americas by auditing and proposing necessary adjustments to product packaging and assembly when needed
- Work with the Operations procurement team on special projects, vendor evaluations and QA audits
- Assist with the technical review, testing and validation of licensed peripherals and products
- Support Supply Chain's environmental and packaging initiatives to include minor design projects, auditing and testing of packaging and materials per Sony requirements
- AA/BS degree in a technical discipline (electronics preferred) or equivalent industry experience with a minimum of 5 years
- Skilled with bench level repairs, light prototyping, soldering and PCB rework along with the utilization of common electrical test and measurement equipment, meters, oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Ability to follow wiring diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance and experience handling multiple tasks
- Must solve routine problems effectively and react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Natural ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with multiple groups and external vendors is a must
- Organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively
- Self-motivated with a wide variety of demonstrable technical skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced in vendor negotiation and project management
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of cultures globally
- Passion for making a positive impact as a strong team player
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information in a high-pressure environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.