PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
The Program Manager reports into the Platform Planning & Management (PPM) department’s Business Operations team and is primarily focused on “Go to Market” and in-life project management, communications & operations around the launch & updates of platform products and features. These programs are typically platform initiatives which vary in scope and subject matter, ranging from incremental feature planning through to new hardware and software releases.
The PPM team works with a broad global set of internal and external teams responsible for all aspects of product planning and development in the PlayStation family. As such, the ideal candidate has direct experience of platform planning and/or managing projects in a global digital media entertainment environment (gaming experience/interest strongly desired).
- Communicate and evangelize new platform features and services within the region & globally, and act as a point of contact regarding platform products for our business/stakeholder partners
- Maintain a holistic view of product development and business direction to appropriately consult on prioritization requests so as to deliver platform products successfully and in the right timeframe
- Develop an understanding of various Global business initiatives, roadmaps and guide discussion with product teams to help influence product direction for market and operational fit
- Structure and execute initiatives by developing proposals, recommendations, and planning delivery of platform products such as PS VR, Pro and the system software Beta program
- Create, manage, communicate and track program schedules, stakeholder dependencies, and product milestones, to ensure launch and quality of product.
- Build and Foster strong relationships with business stakeholders and product development (internal and/or external) to translate between business opportunities and product requirements,
- Motivate cross-functional and cross-organizational team to work together in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Evaluate and initiate opportunities for continuous process improvements
- Mentor other Program Managers to organize workflow, processes and projects
- Demonstrated ability in leading strategic initiatives such as the launch of a new business, service, or product, or complex operational initiatives and processes, such as managing operations for an online site or service in a large-scale project team or company.
- Experience in managing large programs/products within product and software development lifecycles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences ranging in skill set technical to non-technical) and experience (individual contributors to executive), cross-organizationally and with external partners.
- Must be able to create and deliver informative, well-organized and engaging presentations as well project plans & reports
- Excellent people skills required. Must be able to build, lead and motivate a team.
- Must be comfortable with mitigating risk and resolving conflict or other issues within the project team.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills combined with impeccable business judgment
- Must be resourceful and seek solutions through information gathering, stakeholder discussions, and/or judgment.
- Experience in the video game industry is not required, but interest in gaming is strongly desired. Experience in digital entertainment, consumer electronics, technology is a plus
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application for console gaming and digital entertainment
Required Experience / Education:
- 4+ years’ experience in a program management / planning role in an online, gaming or digital media entertainment environment
- Degree from a four-year college (i.e. BA, BS) in fields relating to business management, product development, engineering, communication, media or product design or equivalent
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.