PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Engineering Manager, Payments
San Diego, CA
The Payments platform team supports a payment volume of double digit $$billion(s) globally and we are just getting started. We are re-inventing our payments platform to provide a seamless gaming and monetization experience in an industry that is seeing dramatic growth and innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who can own several key areas of our team to help define an engineering vision and build this future state. You should have a strong technical ability, demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast paced environment. You have previously built and led strong teams of hardworking engineers and you enjoy working with exceptional people. You will be responsible for your services and be able to make tough product decisions that balance contending priorities.
- Leading, coaching, mentoring and encouraging a dedicated team of Software engineers to architect, build, deploy and support best-in-class software services that are always available to provide the best gaming experience for our customers.
- Lead multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
- Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Use technical expertise and industry trends to influence software development standard methodologies.
- Handle day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Consistent track record of building and leading high performing engineering teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and running complex software systems and highly scalable/available software
- 10+ years of experience in Software development
- 5+ years as a Development Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confirmed ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with micro service architecture.
- Experience in deploying, operating, and running services in AWS or other cloud environment.
- Experience building high performance, active-active, linearly scalable production services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, or C++, Web Services, REST, SQL/NoSQL data layers)
- Experience with Linux experience (RHEL or CentOS preferred)
- Strong object-oriented design and code review skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.