PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager who is a highly efficient and motivated individual to work with several multi-functional teams. You will be responsible for leading scrum team(s) responsible for building efficient and scalable Test Automation Tools and Infrastructure to serve the next generation of innovation products. You will work on defining the roadmap and collaborate with internal partners to gather requirements, build plans and drive towards achieving desired results. Our environment fosters growth, autonomy, and innovation. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Work with the various Feature teams and QA members to gather requirements and help prioritize the backlog of the Test Infrastructure team.
- Ensure implementation of tools and infrastructure requirements and drive project schedules
- Act as bridge between various QA teams and Tools team and communicate progress and releases with the internal partners.
- Identify areas for QA process improvements, initiate discussions to achieve consensus and work with various teams to implement agreed items. Document new process and changes to existing processes
- Investigate and understand industry's standard practices for test automation. Define requirements and track status of implementation across all projects and manage backlog of test automation implementation.
- BS/BA in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Experience working in a Program/Project Management in an agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse partners across businesses and leadership levels
- Requires proficiency in one or more Project Management tools, preferably tools used in Agile development (JIRA, etc.) as well as Confluence, Google Apps, and Microsoft Excel.
- Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management across Western and Japanese cultures.
- Proactive – ability to take initiative in identifying and solving large problems
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently under pressure, prioritize, can handle multiple projects and stay focused in a fast-paced environment
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Experience in the video game industry is not required, but interest in gaming, digital entertainment, consumer electronics, technology is a plus
- Native-level proficiency in Japanese is desired but not required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.