PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Interface Artist – Contract
Location San Diego Studios
San Diego Studio is looking for a highly skilled artist to assist with the creation and support of our front-end and in-game user interfaces. The ideal candidate would possess a deep understanding of both visual communication and information hierarchy in order to provide the best product to our customers. This person is also fluent in iconography, typography, and motion graphics with years of experience.
- Prepare and assist in designing all facets of the User Interface from conceptualizing mockups, animations, and icons to the creation and implementation of game assets and animations.
- Implement and iterate on UI screens using our proprietary events based UI Toolset.
- Collaborate with designers, programmers, and the UI team to maintain a consistent style across the entire game.
- Bounce between multiple tasks, projects, and requests while maintaining a consistent quality.
- Provide and receive constructive feedback and critique.
- Previous experience working with user interfaces, graphic design, and asset creation.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Strong iconography and typography skills.
- Understanding of fundamental graphic design principles, usability, and UI design best practices.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to adapt to new technology, workflows and software.
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly within strict deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to work with frequent design changes and iterations.
- Knowledge of current graphic, video game, and web design trends.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with motion graphics, compositing and special effects is a plus.
- Knowledge of events based or visual scripting programs is a plus.
- A passion for video games is a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.