PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Engineer- Dev Ops
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for an expert Senior Software Engineer to join our newly formed shared services engineering team. Are you passionate about DevOps, Software Engineering and Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery? Are you comfortable working with a broad spectrum of software & services? If so, then we would like to hear from you. This is a unique hybrid role that will need someone experienced in both software engineering and site reliability engineering.
You’ll be a core part of the team that owns design & development of shared services as well as automation and tooling that enable the rest of our engineering organization to operate their services in the AWS cloud.
- Design and development of software to help operate our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Provide architecture support for development of cloud native applications.
- Design and develop software for shared and common services like ingress & egress proxies, common email services, logging & metrics pipelines, etc.
- Help onboard services to Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with other engineering & operations teams.
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience.
- Minimum of 3+years’ experience in AWS and related cloud technologies.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and other container technologies.
- In depth experience with continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Ability to identify and articulate key trade-offs when making cloud and infrastructure decisions
- Able to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for tools you and your team build
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience in any of the following is also desirable:
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog
- Experience with EKS & ECS
- Migrating services to Kubernetes
- Git/GitHub version control tools
- Involvement in the Open Source community (code writing, patch submission, bug reporting, etc.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.