PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Data Scientist
PlayStation - San Diego, CA
We will consider mid-level to senior professional experience.
Are you a specialist in all things data? Do you enjoy the sport of baseball? Would you enjoy supporting the development efforts of games used by passionate loyalists around the world? Does a career opportunity influencing the most successful gaming platform of all time interest you?
Our San Diego Studio team seeks a Data Scientist. You will provide insights that allow our game development teams to make informed decisions, improve player experiences, build predictive models and algorithms, retain future usage and drive overall profitability. You will have the chance to create data driven narratives that will be used to grow our studio culture. If this is you, you need to come and play with us here at Sony PlayStation!
- Advise, define and implement quantitative gameplay data to ensure a robust understanding of overall player motivation and behavior
- Contribute unique, personal ideas that provide insights impacting game design and quality
- Build and maintain advanced statistical models that allow game teams to understand player segments, engagement and spender behavior
- Liaise with other team members and departments to determine project needs and requirements
- Effectively communicate with other teams, and tell stories with data
- Mine data sets and develop reports for live service teams, game developers and executives
- Drive improvements in data quality and structure within the data warehouse
- Specify appropriate and impactful business and design telemetry
- Some knowledge of the game of baseball preferred
- B.S. in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related
- Experience focused in data mining, modeling, statistics and machine learning
- Advanced understanding and application of various statistical analysis methods
- Possess the ability to query large, robust data sets with SQL
- Amazon Redshift a plus
- Experience with data visualization packages, such as Tableau, Power BI or R Shiny
- Experience with statistical software, such as R
- Experience with Python a plus
- Ability to clearly and concisely build and communicate analysis results and insights to various business groups, and effectively influence key partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced game development environment
- High degree of initiative and ability to learn
- Passion for video games preferred
- M.S. in a related field a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.