PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr Program Manager, Talent & Org Effectiveness
San Francisco, CA
The Sr Program Manager, Talent and Org Effectiveness will lead end to end planning and execution of SIE Talent and Performance Management Programs. This individual will work closely with HR Business Partners, Global Talent Leads, and other COE Leaders to understand the needs of the business and develop comprehensive, scalable, and global talent and performance management practices, processes, and tools. The ideal candidate has experience designing and/or deploying “best practice” solutions across HR and matrix teams. This position will have a significant level of responsibility, exposure to executive leadership, and the opportunity to make a positive and measurable impact on a large, high performance global organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of a corporate-wide executive and nonexecutive talent planning function, acting as the program lead for various HR stakeholder groups.
- Innovation, design, and improvement of the company’s succession planning processes including Hi/Po identification process, leadership assessments, career pathing, leadership development planning, and other areas related to creating and maintaining the readiness of the company’s leadership pipeline.
- Partnership with Learning and Development team to deliver exceptional leadership development programming.
- Collaboration with HR Business Partners to understand business needs and trends across the company.
- Acting as a subject matter expert and senior consultant for the HR Leadership Team to design, configure, and implement an effective talent management process that aligns with strategic business objectives, operational forecasts, and workforce planning projections.
- 8-10 years of experience managing talent management practices including succession planning, performance programs, high potential identification, leadership assessments, career pathing, and leadership developmental planning.
- 5 years of experience leading and/or managing large-scale project(s), ideally at a global level, which involved significant change management, adaptability and agility, influence, and stakeholder management
- Experience implementing Talent Planning Modules (in tools such as PeopleFluent or Workday) including planning, design, training, and change management to support implementation processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex talent succession and performance management processes including the design and interpretation of talent planning metrics as related to creating leadership development and pipeline strategies.
- Successful track record partnering with HR business partners and other internal stakeholders to resolve complex talent planning, process, or tools challenges.
- Bachelors degree in Management, Human Resources, I/O Psychology, Organizational Behavior or related field.
- Masters degree in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration, I/O Psychology, Organizational Behavior or a related discipline is preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.