PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Project Manager, UX Writing (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
- Provides project management expertise for highly complex creative projects, focusing on Copy
- Collaborate with Copywriting team members and other multiple cross-functional partners to identify, communicate, and lead:
- Clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
- All project dependencies, as well as program dependencies
- Update Copywriting leadership on Copy/Design project status
- Report on regular reviews of achievements and project goals and identify risks across Copy/Design programs
- Work closely with Copywriting, Design, Research, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure each department receives the data needed to make informed decisions specific to their disciplines.
- Working with Copy Leads to define and breakdown work, project scope, and critical path to assist in facilitating Copy planning and prioritization.
- Exhibits leadership skills by advocating best practices, anticipating future problems and issues, and seeks to improve processes and tools for the Copy team to cultivate a fun, positive and solution-focused team culture.
- Provides detailed and timely communication on developing issues to relevant partners.
- Identifies resource gaps and communicates recommendations to Copy Leadership
- Drive clear communication, and support healthy collaboration between all groups involved with Copy/Design initiatives.
- Stay aligned with the Copy vision, strategy & roadmap to support the successful implementation of cross platform initiatives.
- Partner on methods and metrics for tracking & improving performance coupled with making decisions within Copy/Design organization, and the extended Program Management Operations organization.
- Surfacing Copy requests via Jira tickets/tracking, Confluence pages. and CMS tools. Includes board maintenance (sprint updates, backlog housecleaning, etc.)
- Coordination with Localization team re hand-offs and timing/phasing
- Coordinating with overall Copy process exec review
- Work with PMO organization to set up kick-offs, track late requests, and surface gaps
- Liaise with Product Management, Design Systems and UI Guidelines teams on timing for strategy documents, share-outs and approvals
- Support Copy critique meetings – note taking and overall administrative support
- Support Copy Management in Brand and Marketing efforts including approval process, alignment meetings, strategic document creation
- Content strategy liaison: coordination on strategy documentation tools not limited to UI guidelines, writing guides, documentation, and more
- Point-person for travel agendas, workshop schedule, booking rooms, and events for SF/Tokyo/London Copy team members
- A go-getter with a strong understanding of user-centered design practices and creative project life cycle
- Agency background: preferably working in a dynamic environment on multiple/disparate projects
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to handle routine and complicated problems effectively and independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Previous experience utilizing agile methodologies and principles
- Proficiency with agile development tools
- Deep understanding of programming languages, software development, and release processes
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- At least 2 years working in the technology and games industries
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.