PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Marketing Measurement & Analytics
San Mateo, CA
Are you passionate about gaming and data, with a wealth of experience in the digital marketing? PlayStation is looking for an ambitious marketing leader to help us advance our media measurement, attribution, and reporting vision.
The Senior Manager Marketing Measurement will be tasked with building and leading a team of analysts, developers, and program managers to produce an advanced suite of products and tools that will completely revamp PlayStation’s measurement, reporting, and attribution programs and prepare our business for the next generation of console gaming. This role will partner with internal business teams and manage external partners to empower marketers and leadership to make decisions on marketing strategy, campaign planning, ROI, and campaign optimization across PlayStation’s entire portfolio of products and services.
- Establish operational objectives for marketing measurement (Including attribution, dashboarding, and advanced campaign analytics) and successfully manage team, internal partners, and external partners to complete these objectives
- Measure the progress of operational objectives and course correct as needed
- Lead SIE’s Media Mix Modeling and Multi Touch Attribution vendor partnerships; oversee project timelines, data inputs, data feeds and processes to improve the return on SIE’s portfolio marketing investment.
- Lead the development of in-house media analytics capabilities and supervise the cost, method, and staffing to do so
- Make recommendations on marketing technology decisions to ensure achievement of operational objectives
- Build and develop a team of highly-skilled analysts and developers to deliver best-in-class reporting and dashboarding solutions for partners at multiple levels of the business (Analysts, Brand Marketers, Executives, etc)
- Act as product owner over SIE’s marketing measurement solutions, strategically setting team priorities to align with overall business goals
- Develop a benchmarking strategy that is adopted and institutionalized across the business for all markets, channels, and products
- Develop a role as a culture brand ambassador for SIE both internally and externally
- 10+ years relevant work experience, preferably at a brand global brand or media agency
- Paid media analytics experience in a variety of business environments including e-commerce, entertainment and traditional offline retail businesses.
- Expertise in marketing and advertising technology platforms including web analytics, tag management solutions, ad servers, DSPs, DMPs, bid management, addressable TV, email service providers, and push messaging, to name a few
- Experience in multiple BI environments such as Tableau, Microstrategy, and Qlik.
- Advanced SQL/Tableau/Python user; familiar with database design; experience working with marketing data sets
- A demonstrated interest in digital entertainment and gaming
- Experience working in an Agile or SAFe environment
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, econometrics, applied math, research, or behavioral sciences preferred.
- You are an analytical thinker who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- You possess extraordinary communication and presentation skills, able to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude and even a sense of humor
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and take on whatever task is necessary
- MBA a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.