PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Agile Marketing Program Manager
San Mateo, CA
Do you thrive in a dynamic work environment? Are you intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive? We are expanding our Global Marketing team!
We are looking for an Agile Marketing Program Manager who will embed themselves within scrum teams. You will manage and ensure that short-term execution results in the long term are a success for our global programs and operations. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and take on whatever task is necessary come join us!
Our goal is to have you move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects. You are a bridge and a connector for the company balancing to juggle and prioritize multiple projects with ease. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with partners at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization through collaboration and active communication while not being afraid to be direct. We are looking for someone to strive to act with empathy and integrity.
- Work as a global scrum master across scrum teams within the Audience, Infrastructure, and Measurement (AIM) team at SIE, working closely with the Product Managers and Product Owners to point, assign and manage blockers for sprint stories that the Scrum Team works on.
- Direct implementation of new tools to improve process and mitigate risk.
- Build new agile processes to manage large programs and initiatives; starting with global alignment of tools and technology related to audience activation
- Create, analyze, optimize and streamline team processes through that compliment team workflow and reduce risk.
- Work with global and regional partners to develop the process for global digital marketing campaigns
- Effectively interact with Network and Infrastructure Engineers, Quality Assurance Professionals, Product Managers, Third Party Vendors, and Leadership to define and deliver complex features.
- Develop and drive project schedules across multiple teams delivering various technical products and processes.
- Work with subject matter experts to decompose high level details into clearly defined Epics, Features and Stories for teams to execute against.
- Enthusiastically remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Get results actively.
- Understand technical implementation and ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Translate business requirements to executable stories and drive execution.
- Build partner relationships and collaborate with Engineering, Product counterparts, and other major partners.
- Be dynamic enough in your role to contribute to the management of other programs in times of need
- Excellent people skills required. Multi-tasker able to build, lead and motivate a team while meeting deadlines despite competing priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Be innovative and seek solutions through information gathering, partner discussions, and/or judgment
- Extensive experience with SAFe or Scrum methodology (CSM a huge plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences ranging in skill set technical to non-technical) and experience (individual contributors to executive), cross-organizationally and with external partners.
- Experience with overseeing projects/work flow across a global institution
- Experience in the video game industry is not required, but interest in gaming is strongly desired. Experience in digital entertainment, consumer electronics, technology is a plus
- Maintains an awareness of new and emerging trends or tools and their potential application for agile program management
- You are an analytical thinker who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- You possess extraordinary communication and presentation skills, able to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude and even a sense of humor
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.