PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Corporate Strategy Intern
San Mateo, CA
As part of the Corporate Development team, you will be finding new ways to help improve the core PlayStation business. Some of tasks you will encounter are (and not limited to):
- Opportunity Analysis – Analyze new opportunities in new / existing markets for SIE to meet our strategic goals
- Support development of prioritization and investment frameworks in opportunity areas
- Size financial opportunity and articulate strategic value
- Perform market analysis – Support ongoing analysis of market trends and developments in gaming and adjacent markets
- Identify consumer and competitor insights, and support assessment of implications
- Support ongoing assessment of strategic options and potential business decisions, helping quantify and articulate financial and strategic impact
- Pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's Degree, or MBA in Business, Corporate Strategy, Economics, Finance (or related field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- You have a real passion for corporate strategy is required
- You are a self-starter with strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have a quantitatively focused mindset, with financial modeling training / experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Economics educational background an asset
- Prior management consulting or investment banking experience (internship or FT) is a plus
- Prior working experience in entertainment or tech industry (internship or FT) is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.