PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Santa Monica Studio
- Works with a group of animators to build compelling and consistent performances for primary and secondary characters utilizing both hand and mo-cap animation.
- Is a contributor in crafting high quality character animation at a quality bar suitable for next-generation console development in order to define and achieve a products visual style.
- Facilitates requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the animation creation process as requested.
- Work in a dynamic environment and use organizational and interpersonal skills daily and bring a creative and proactive attitude to the task of animating performances.
- Actively advances skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- A Junior, Senior, or graduate student currently enrolled in a BA or MA program majoring in Fine Arts, Visual Art, Studio Art, Computer Animation, Interactive Entertainment, Illustration or related field.
- Animation Demo reel demonstrating a proficiency of classic animation principles and its fundamentals (staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, exaggeration, squash and stretch) as well as the ability to build the full range of lifelike performances from the subtle to the dramatic and powerful.
- Experience working with Motion Builder and motion capture performance data is a plus. Please be proficient in Maya.
- Should have a good understanding of camera movement, staging, and storytelling techniques that will be carried through the creation of cinematic sequences.
- Excellent communication, time-management and interpersonal skills. A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to capture feedback and address cross-functional issues. Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
- Real passion for games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.