PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Services and Video Optimization
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to build new business opportunities. We’re are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
The Conversion Rate Optimization team is responsible for optimizing multiple conversion metrics by making PlayStation Store the retail destination of choice for PlayStation content and delivering an efficient consumer and retail experience.
Services, video and apps play a meaningful role in the future strategy of PlayStation store - with the need to build a class-leading store experience. This is a role that will play an integral part of the CRO Optimization team and be required to develop the store strategy, prioritize and balance delivery of key commercial priorities and ensure the team are using data and insight to inform decision-making.
This individual will need to bring best practice methods for extrapolating and interpreting data to make better informed decisions on future strategies. The role will oversee a team across three different regions so they will need to think and operate globally.
- Leading a team of 5+ global optimization specialists and analysts for the video and services category within the PlayStation store and associated applications
- Support the creation and delivery of a global experience optimization strategy based on data and insight
- Drive profitable growth of the services and video category by improving important metric performance across conversion and consumer satisfaction metrics
- Inspire, motivate and develop the team to achieve outstanding performance
- Work with Product Managers to shape, conceive & develop the proprietary CRO technology and optimize the end to journey for consumers
- Continue to find new optimal ways of working and ensure everyone is working to the same global single market model
- Work with Marketing and Creative services team to align on plans and share results
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or relative qualification standard)
- 12+ years’ experience in a commercially focused optimization role – E-commerce, B2C, Entertainment,
- Worked as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time zones
- Experience of analyzing and interpreting data and presenting findings
- Cross functional organizational
- Creative and energetic teammate who has a passion for experience optimization
- Great product knowledge within the video and services category
- Strong knowledge of conversion optimization and trends
- Best practice focused, ensuring we stay relevant and ahead of consumer expectations
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships and keep one step ahead of internal stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, sense of humor, and a drive for results
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different regions
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- High levels of personal motivation
- Can work in unison and effectively collaborate with other business heads and peers in a complex, matrix based organization
- Experience in a pressurized environment, setting and achieving tight timelines that must be delivered on time and on budget
- A good attention to detail and a pragmatic approach to problem resolution
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
- Experience in leading global teams and availability to travel globally
- Retail / E-commerce background
- Experience using Adobe Analytics or similar web analytics tools
- Knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing
- Language skills working in a global environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.