PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Games Optimization
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to build new business opportunities. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
The Conversion Rate Optimization team is responsible for optimizing multiple conversion metrics by making PlayStation Store the retail destination of choice for PlayStation content and delivering an optimal consumer and retail experience.
This is a pivotal role that will play an integral part to the CRO Optimization team strategy within CRO and will support the team in their efforts to build a data driven decision culture within the business and actively search for improvement opportunities within the Games category. Crafting a class-leading store experience using data and insight to inform your decision-making and to help prioritize and manage delivery of key commercial priorities.
As the leader of this team, you will drive the transformation from traditional merchandising approaches to one based on data and insight. You will bring a standard methodology for extrapolating and interpreting this data to make better informed decisions on future strategies. The role will lead all aspects of a team of 10 across three different regions so they will need to think and operate globally that covers Optimization, Editorial and Analytics.
The role requires someone who is very analytical and therefore candidates who have come from a data-led or analytical background would be a plus. This is not about data collection though; rather this is about data interpretation and the use of programs and tools to allow for insight-led decision-making. Equally, the individual needs to be commercially minded and focused on outcomes and revenue. Our PlayStation Store is a significant revenue generator for the group so return on investment is key.
- Lead a team of 10+ global optimization specialists and analysts for the games category within the PlayStation store and associated applications
- Inspire, motivate and develop the global CRO team to achieve outstanding performance
- Partner with the Insights, modelling and BIS team to establish a framework and approach to optimize the PlayStation Store and apply consumer insight findings to deliver the optimization strategy for defined commercial priorities
- Optimize defined areas of SIE’s digital storefronts to optimize commercial performance and achieve channel critical metric targets; above all Store Conversion
- Evangelize a deeper, more data-first approach with senior executives and key partners
- Working with the CM/CLM teams to optimize the product release and promotional schedule for defined key markets, addressing budget risks and opportunities
- Work with Product Managers to shape, conceive & develop the proprietary CRO technology
- Continue to find new efficient ways of working and ensure everyone is working to the same global single market model
- Work with Marketing and Creative services team to align on plans and share results
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or relative qualification standard)
- 15+ years’ experience in a commercially focused optimization role – E-commerce, B2C, Entertainment,
- Worked as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time zones
- Experience of analyzing and interpreting data and presenting findings
- Cross functional organizational
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of leading CRO standard methodology where data, analytics and conversion funnels are at the forefront of the business
- Highly analytical and data focused with an ability to interpret large amounts of data with consistent track record of using data to influence and inform decisions
- Demonstrated ability to draw on many sources of insight and react quickly to new information, opinions and direction
- Creative, open-minded leader who is adaptive to change and can communicate strategic direction with passion and clarity
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of PlayStation Store and Services
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels. Above all, able to show capability of building a team of superstars who consistently smash their goals
- Demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively across different regions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision making
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- High levels of personal motivation
- Can work in unison and effectively collaborate with other business heads and peers in a complex, matrix based organization
- Experience in a pressurized environment, setting and achieving tight timelines that must be delivered on time and on budget
- Strong attention to detail and a pragmatic approach to problem resolution
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
- Experience in leading global teams and availability to travel globally
- Passion and knowledge of the gaming industry
- Retail / e-commerce background
- Experience using Adobe Analytics or similar web analytics tools
- Knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing
- Language skills working in a global environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.