PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Design Project Manager
San Mateo, CA
We are the corporate creative organization for Sony PlayStation® that specializes in everything PlayStation® related. We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Corporate Creative group and manage all corporate design related projects.
The Project Manager will manage relationships with executive-level to mid-level client contacts; responsible for executing all day-to-day account activities including the coordination of all creative projects from estimation to completion. Partners with the broader corporate business units to ensure deliverables are completed in an efficient manner - on time and on budget. Utilizes an understanding of the Company's and the client's industry, business, and products to identify opportunities to sell/propose additional strategic solutions to meet existing client needs.
Do you have an excellent understanding of creative design principles and disciplines?
If you can embrace change; maintain an open mind and are flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change, then we are looking for you!
We are looking for someone who has a knowledge of the timing involved to accomplish assigned design tasks. You will focus on planning for incoming projects and implement resource changes against evolving priorities. You'll work closely with our internal functions, including HR, Legal, Ops, Product, Services providing support for creative design (graphics and digital), copywriting, video and operations teams to ensure that creative projects are properly allocated against the functional teams.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Successfully establish relationships and trust while working on projects with a global team
- Ability to partner well with business partners to help craft their corporate design strategies
- Track record of delivering corporate assets on strategy, on budget and on time
- Strong ability to develop relationships with all internal and external clients
- Participate in meetings with existing partners and internal teams to identify new opportunities to meet clients’ evolving needs as required; serves as the Subject Matter Expert on processes, capacity, timelines, etc.
- Ensures high quality standards in all client deliverables.
- Maintains big picture strategic and operational thinking balanced by a strong attention to detail
- Foster collaboration among a cross-disciplinary team to deliver exceptional creative and tangible business results
- Develops and leads processes while overseeing the macro view of production and other creative deliverables that bring creative projects to life globally
- Provide resourcing recommendations and continuously monitor effectiveness and bandwidth of the team
- Effectively coordinates partner-specific projects throughout the lifecycle, including estimate creation, selection of appropriate projects and sub-projects, assignment of resources, monitoring project progress, and costs.
- Ensures accurate and timely project post-mortems by maintaining correct project details and supporting evidence, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Utilizes Wrike project management software and process and guidelines to ensure accurate client, project, and financial details are available in the system.
- Partners with external agencies to ensure delivery of assets for partners; attend pre-integration and planning meetings as needed.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to develop and/or adapt processes, policies, and workflows to improve efficiency, accuracy, speed, quality, etc.
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens and values the opinions of others.
- Is an effective project lead and contributor; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same.
- Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the company’s strategic goals.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
- Manages creative development of in-house corporate creative initiatives and brand stewardship; acts as main day-to-day point of contact for internal partners, in-house creative teams and external partners on execution
- Briefs and leads in-house creative teams and external agency partners on execution of campaign initiatives from start to finish
- Ability to ensure project/creative briefs are clear and concise to develop dynamic creative
- Leads development, execution and implementation of creative projects and tracking including all project management operations, via in-house systems, Wrike, PS Source, etc.
- Works closely with all applicable business teams to handle brand identities and establish consistent look/tone/feel across multiple communications vehicles
- Ensures all projects produced adhere to brand guidelines, are timely executed and within budget
- Troubleshoots and resolves day-to-day issues or problems affecting quality and delivery of projects
Required: College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline such as Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing, Advertising, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required.
Preferred: An advanced degree or professional certification requiring formal training.
- You have 7+ years of project management experience in a Creative Design (advertising, marketing, publishing, film) or similar consulting environment.
- Strong knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision-making.
- Detailed understanding of the company’s market and business environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of effective Creative Design, Copywriting and Video practices, trends, techniques, and processes across one or more touch points or mediums (e.g. campaigns, packaging, in-store, digital, mobile/app, print, direct, interactive and video).
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to identify and execute effective solutions.
- Ability to build new relationships and nurture existing relationships with internal and external clients.
- Detailed understanding of the assigned partners’ products and services.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and develop collaborative relationships with colleagues across the company; willingness to work with global colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritize work appropriately, and meet assigned deadlines including aggressive timelines; strong organizational and analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Impeccable presentation and communication skills.
- Experience using: Project management workflow software, PC/Mac presentation and creative applications including Power Point, Keynote, and Photoshop.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.