PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Lighting Artist Intern
Santa Monica Studio
- Participate in the initial level lighting setup including placement of key light sources and global illumination.
- Help in the composition of fog, wind, and other atmospheric effects.
- Placement of fire and fog particles in areas where light sources are present.
- Adjustment of post effects, including LUT creation.
- Help with testing and debugging of lighting pipeline with Engineering and Tech Art groups.
- Maintain the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring level lighting is of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills. Entails collaborating with Production group to develop task lists to ensure assignments are progressing in alignment with schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
- Clearly communicate updates and accurately point out concerns to the appropriate team member(s) and manager(s).
- Experience in photorealistic lighting a diverse range of real-time assets from levels to characters.
- Proficiency in lighting fundamentals how lighting effects mood, gameplay, and frame rate in real-time environments.
- Proficiency in Level art generation in regards to the lighting pipeline.
- Proficient technical skill for debugging minor lighting problems.
- Experience or general understanding of HDR lighting pipeline and PBR materials.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Works well with others and is a great teammate.
- B.A. in fine arts or relevant curriculum or equivalent skillset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.