PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Manager, US Marketing (Games)
San Mateo, CA
The Associate Manager, US Marketing will be responsible for the management and execution of US marketing campaigns for PlayStation first party games. This key role will be reporting to the Manager, US Marketing.
You are highly organized, analytical and a driven marketing professional who has proven expertise in the execution and planning of product marketing campaigns. You are also creative and consumer-focused, ready to take on any challenge. The position will require high levels of collaboration and communication.
- Campaign Management: Create and manage the US go-to-market plans ensuring global marketing strategy is followed, with local nuance, and clearly communicated across all channels including owned, paid media and retail. Drive internal processes including but not limited to, briefing partners, evaluating media and channel marketing plans, regional asset development and management, and coordinating internal reviews and approvals with brand and legal teams.
- Collaboration with Global Brand Team: Work closely with Marketing leads to implement global brand strategies and create and execute the integrated marketing plans in the US territory
- Reporting: Set US market KPIs and track/report out weekly campaign performance, using results to optimize ongoing marketing activations
- Project Management: Working with PMO team, manage daily progress on channel activations and content plans to ensure campaign projects stay on budget and on time
- Sales Support: Responsible for presenting US plans at local sales and retailer meetings
- Budget Management: Track and report on the US campaign/media budget ensuring efficiencies in campaign spend. Generate necessary PO’s and contracts based on campaign needs.
- Experience working with creative and media agencies to development and execute marketing campaigns
- Shown expertise in planning, execution and leadership of campaign plans with a persistent attention to detail
- Significant experience and understanding of business operations with critical thinking and prioritization skills.
- Lead projects in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Maintain confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and balance a high-pressure environment.
- Extraordinarily strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are passionate about gaming and video game culture!
- Goal-oriented and with dedication to high standards and passionate about goals/ beliefs in the face of complex obstacles/roadblocks
- You are a big collaborator. Works efficiently & co-operatively with peers and internal/external partners.
- 5+ years of brand and product marketing.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to form deep and trusted relationships, across organizations, to achieve goals
- Experience collaborating with and presenting to partners at multiple levels
- An energetic, ambitious, enthusiastic, focused, and hard-working teammate!
- Skilled multi-tasker able to understand how to distill information into clear plans.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.