PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Web Producer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new global team that manages content and operations for PlayStation, marketing some of the world’s most popular products, services and experiences! We’re looking for a creative, strategic, and digitally savvy publishing guru and brand fantastic. Bonus points if you're a gamer!
As Senior Web Producer you’ll work with our global editorial strategy and be responsible for the day-to-day content operations, planning, curation, creation, distribution optimization and amplification on PlayStation.com and associated outlets. We are looking for someone to lead projects and initiatives with a consumer-centric approach for deliverables.
You’re an expert content producer with an excellent understanding of how to build innovative, engaging and scalable assets - from editorial copy to rich media, short and long form. As the point person for key projects you will work alongside multiple partners to ensure content featured on the site is up to date, relevant, and on-brand. This position supports the global program, editorial process and content strategy that fuels SIE’s (Sony Interactive Entertainment) flagship website (PlayStation.com), in turn driving player engagement and business objectives.
Whether supporting our hardware platforms, our online services, or our games, we are responsible for ensuring our players and business have the content they're looking for.
As a part of a global team some travel may be required.
- Actively participate and lead the creative thinking and execution of campaigns and product pages, ensuring the best customer experience
- Lead daily content creation and management on PlayStation.com, including product and campaign landing pages
- Liaise with internal/external global teams to sync, plan, build and publish effective digital content in support of marketing campaigns across software, hardware and services
- Management of one web producer
- Build and manage relationships with key partners and cross-functional teams
- Content lead for designated projects/initiatives – ensuring successful execution of requests, creation, and management of assets for use on PlayStation.com
- Establish standard methodologies, workflow optimizations, and encourage adoption of new web tools/functionality among the editorial team
- Ensure our user journeys always work as anticipated, and content is published at a high quality level with a consistent tone of voice
- Support the needs of multiple territory marketing teams in their BAU management of local web initiatives and timely page activations
- Perform operational tasks - localization, site QA, vanity URL setup, keyword optimization
- Track and respond to performance data to ensure PlayStation's content marketing initiatives are reaching as wide an audience as possible - driving traffic and engagement
- In collaboration with the SEO manager, utilize current SEO techniques to improve impact of content
- Identify new business opportunities (new platforms, content types, trends, etc.), and update and/or maintain editorial calendar as needed
Requirements & Skills
- 5+ years' experience crafting compelling content/experiences and digital media
- Previous management experience with strong project management skills
- Proven ability to think creatively with digital publishing experience across the full content lifecycle – plan, write/produce, release, test, optimize, and measure
- Understanding of the competitive landscape and digital trends
- Experience with CMS (Adobe AEM preferred), web analytics (Adobe Analytics preferred) and Adobe Photoshop; Familiarity with tools such as JIRA/SAP/WRIKE/Slack is a plus
- Literacy in performance data metrics, and how data can be used to deliver personalized and optimized experiences
- Experience with multi-site, multi-language, global site management
- HTML and CSS, basic understanding of web design and SEO
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Organized and dedicated to delivering projects on time and confidentially (as needed)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-tasking, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Flexible and adaptable, creative problem solver, solutions oriented, and results driven
- Strong interpersonal skills - a positive teammate who can lead and work cooperatively
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Proficient in a second language
- International team management
- Knowledge of the gaming industry and gamer segments.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your