PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager of Global CRM Product Management
San Mateo, CA
Are you a self-starter who is hardworking and ambitious? Do you like to get results with enthusiasm and affect substantial change? PlayStation's Global Marketing team is growing!
We are looking for a Sr. Manager of Global CRM Product Management (Omnichannel) to join our team. You will have a strategic and visible role within Sony Interactive Entertainment’s global marketing team. You will be responsible for PlayStation’s CRM platform, leading the development of data-enabled capabilities that allow us to create personalized and relevant content and communications in our owned channels.
This role will partner with the campaign strategy, audience analytics, and product & engineering teams. Together you will scope, prioritize, and drive the CRM technology roadmap while balancing quick wins against long-term capability development. This is a very unique opportunity to join a newly formed global team and impact and influence our direction as we invest in evolving the technology foundation on which we build the future of automated personalization.
You will bring deep experience to the development and delivery of CRM capabilities. Discover and develop infrastructure, products, and other features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company. Day-to-day, you'll oversee our relationship with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and other technology partners, and will guide and motivate a team of product managers and developers.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
CRM (Omnichannel) Product Management:
- Defines business and consumer use cases in alignment with CRM campaign strategy and other cross-functional teams, and prioritizes and drives the next most strategic personalization experiences we will operationalize at scale across channels.
- Partners with campaign strategy and deployment team to understand operational needs and write requirements that can be implemented by Salesforce developers.
- Partners with audience analytics and campaign strategy teams to identify and structure interdependencies on data, predictive modeling, audience management, test design and reporting into a cohesive set of requirements and an agile work plan.
- Oversees sizing and forecasting of new omnichannel CRM features/capabilities in partnership with analytics and campaign strategy/execution teams.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness of existing CRM systems and develops strategies for improving or further leveraging systems capabilities.
- Reports on system health, new releases, and items that may impact business usage.
- UAT and testing oversight; works closely with the campaign deployment team to plan and execute releases; supports end users by troubleshooting and resolving incidents.
- Maintains knowledge of current and planned Salesforce Marketing Cloud technology, and provides guidance on how to best leverage Salesforce and other technologies to meet business needs.
- Searches for, evaluates and manages integration, implementation, and adoption of other technologies and tools.
- Champions our long-term CRM strategic vision for capabilities growth and educates the wider marketing teams on existing capabilities, and helps drive adoption plans for new releases and tools.
Team Management & Leadership:
- Builds and coaches team to drive the creation and execution of an innovative player-centric communications platform that scales globally.
- Ability to set priorities and balance timelines to complete tasks against consumer and stakeholder target dates, balancing the needs of technology with business objectives.
- Ability to lead a team to translate ideas into software, system, and data designs as well as coach and train co-workers on policies, processes, and the best audience tech practices.
- Demonstrates exceptional delegation and leadership skills to execute activities within the team scope.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required.
Required and Preferred
- 6 - 8 years of product, program/project management experience with CRM platforms, ideally supporting CRM personalization at scale.
- Hands on experience with marketing automation tools and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Industry and domain subject-matter expert and thought leader as it relates to CRM platforms & delivery across email, mobile, and emerging channels.
- Strategic mindset, with experience developing, validating and socializing short, medium and long-term technology roadmaps.
- Ability to uncover business requirements, translate them into engineering sprint and resource planning while meeting project deadlines.
- Strong user experience sensibilities, experience with product discovery techniques (e.g. design thinking, Lean Startup)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels of the organization to facilitate strong teamwork.
- Analytic, naturally curious and interested to learn new best-in-class leading edge marketing methods.
- Proven ability to deliver successful, valuable customer and business outcomes
- Experience with analytics & user research to drive decisions as well as deep empathy for customers and other humans
Candidate Preferred Qualities
Well versed with developing and growing a highly effective team; manage team members to successfully deliver on program goals.
- Strong digital acumen – understanding of the role of emerging platforms in the fast-moving marketing technology landscape.
- Ability to use complex analysis to make decisions.
- Talent for collaborating with internal and external teams with the ability to create compelling communication of activities.
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining positive attitude. Views challenges as opportunities, solution oriented, creative problem solver.
- A great teammate who is able to work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions – high emotional intelligence.
- Experience with technology partner management and contract negotiation preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.