PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Modeler (Data Science)
San Mateo, CA
As a senior member of the Analytics, Insights, & Modeling Group of the Customer Lifecycle Management & Behavior Team you will be responsible for generating interpretable, meaningful models of human behavior to address current and future business needs and providing methodological expertise to other members of the team. This entails using a variety of statistical, data mining, and machine learning techniques to determine the right model to build for each situation, extracting appropriate features for each model, generating and testing models, and working with subject matter experts, model validators, and engineers to productionize models that are both valid and useful.
- Apply advanced statistical and data science techniques to translate business needs into models of consumer behavior
- Design, develop, improve, and maintain a variety of models in production
- Wrangle constantly changing, large, complex, high volume, high dimensional, sparse data
- Collaborate with business stakeholders who are subject matter experts to ensure that developed solutions are practical and meet business needs in a timely fashion
- Work with engineers to utilize and improve in-house solutions that support model development in production
- Experience in building supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Experience with recommendation systems and time-series analysis is a plus
- Creative use of feature engineering
- Ability to identify the optimal model for a given situation
- Experience performance tuning models over billions of records
- Experience using common machine learning packages such as scikit-learn, Spark ML, TensorFlow
- Comfortable in a software environment using tools such as notebooks/IDEs, Github, JIRA, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in querying and scripting languages, such as SQL, Python, and R
- 2+ years of experience in Spark or similar preferred
- Master’s degree in statistics, computer science, engineering, or related technical field
- PhD or equivalent methodological training is a plus
- Gamer, creative, detail-oriented, unbiased, self-learner with strong communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.