PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Digital Asset Specialist (Contract)
San Mateo, CA
Are you highly organized? Do you have amazing problem-solving skills?
We are looking for a Digital Asset Specialist to support our asset management team in preserving, managing and distributing a variety of creative marketing assets used by the company. You will contribute to day-to-day tasks including uploading content, providing user support, and maintaining quality standards in the DAM platform.
- Organize, process and upload assets into enterprise Digital Asset Management (DAM) system
- Apply and handle metadata according to established standards
- Provide user support through monitoring of team Outlook Inbox (including account request approvals, permissions management, search requests, download approvals, general trouble shooing questions)
- Maintain and enforce to consistent file naming, metadata, content delivery and other detailed DAM standards
- Perform QC review of asset uploads
- Support DAM Team initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Library and Information Science, Archives and Records Management, Design or related field from an accredited college or university
- 1-2 years of experience working with enterprise digital asset management software (Bynder, Orange Logic, Canto, etc) or equivalent library / archival systems (education can be substituted for experience)
- You are a self-starter with the ability to adapt to and learn new technologies and established DAM processes with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly detailed-oriented with consistent desire to work towards accuracy
- Comfortable working on repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Experience working in a media or entertainment industry with cross-functional teams and departments
- You are a fun teammate with a positive attitude!
Nice to have:
- Gaming industry knowledge, especially PlayStation products and history
- Intermediate experience using Adobe CC application suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Interest in learning and adapting to new SaaS and Infrastructure technologies
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.