PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled Gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a Senior Program Manager at PlayStation, you will be responsible for leading initiatives from inception through deployment on a worldwide scale.
In this particular role, you will drive a high-visibility, complex, and cross-domain program to scale our online store capabilities and business operations related to commercial activities. You will collaborate with a passionate group of product, engineering, business and operational teams to build and grow a massive web commerce platform that reaches over 100M users worldwide.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background and will have proven experience leading medium to large scale projects. You are able to thrive and succeed in a collaborative environment with a diverse set of globally-distributed partners and project team members, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager, Program Management for all Web and Mobile activities.
- Lead the successful ongoing execution and delivery of large-scale programs involving all areas of the business.
- Develop full program plans including timelines, milestones, deliverables, dependencies, success criteria, and communication.
- Effectively and dynamically context switch between the individual task level and high-level program objectives, with the goal of maintaining a consistently up-to-date view that can be conveyed outward.
- Manage scheduling at the task level as needed, with overall accountability at the program level.
- Ensure broad socialization of plans and alignment across leadership, the project team, and internal and external partners.
- Provide detailed and timely communication on developing issues to relevant partners with clarity and urgency.
- Define, execute, and communicate risk management plans with a mindset towards engaged problem solving.
- Display an understanding of basic technical architecture of software systems, and be able to use that understanding in communication.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment, knowing when to call out issues and prioritize resolution.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- 5-7+ years experience in program management or technical leadership, ideally with experience in retail / B2C e-commerce (preferably working at a retailer of consumer electronic goods, video game software, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of large-scale enterprise program delivery across geographies
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience interfacing and communicating with executives, business and technical audiences
- Disposition towards building relationships and using allies to navigate complex organizational challenges
- Comprehensive understanding of software development, including continuous delivery and DevOps
- Familiarity with agile planning and iterative development
- Track record of working across multiple teams at one time to deliver a unified experience for the consumer
- Extensive project management experience, developing and managing schedules, scope, budgets, resource plans, issues, risks, communications, quality/testing plans, and release plans
- Ability to travel internationally required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.