Senior Game Audio Programmer
Sony PlayStation’s Bend Studio (Bend, OR)
Sony PlayStation's Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking a hardworking Audio Programmer to join our forward-thinking team in the development of our next high-profile AAA console game title.
If you love game audio, and the implementation of audio in games, have an ear for excellence; if you’re motivated, and collaborate well with sound designers, we’d love to hear from you!
- Crafting and implementing systems and tools for the audio team’s needs (such as sound propagation, environmental audio, dialogue systems, physics systems etc) and supporting audio designers in their use
- Supporting and extending audio workflows and pipelines
- Writing clear, well-documented, portable, and highly functional code
- Profiling and performance-tuning code to remove bottlenecks
- Testing, debugging, and assuring the functional quality of all the audio within the game
- Participating in the design process, gathering requirements with other specialists and designers
- Creating measurable success while being self-directed and prioritizing your own workload
- Minimum 5 years professional programming experience and/or at least one shipped AAA title
- Excellent C++ coding skills with experience in code optimization and multi-processor programming
- Comfortable writing and maintaining audio systems at all levels, from the base audio engine to game code, music and dialog management and tool support
- Solid code architecture skills and system design experience
- Dedication to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Sophisticated skills in Vector Math (vector operations, bounding volumes, transform operations) and Physics
- Experience implementing interactive 3D audio in dynamic game-world environments
- Experience with middleware audio solutions, such as Wwise, FMOD, Miles (or similar proprietary tools) and their APIs
- Knowledge of game engines and understand the constraints of game consoles
- Ability to work independently and also within a multidisciplinary team where you can communicate ideas with the sound team and other engineers
- Passion for games, enthusiasm and initiative
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fundamental skills in sound design: crafting, editing, mixing of sounds for games
- Experience designing conversation/dialogue systems
- Experience designing physics systems for audio
- Experience working on environmental audio, sound propagation and 3D audio
- Technical skills and understanding of audio rendering and compression technologies, and codecs
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.