PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Engineer, AI and Deep Learning
PlayStation R&D in San Mateo, CA
We will consider engineering profiles ranging from senior to staff level professional experience.
How would you like to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time? Does it interest you to develop technology used by every single next generation PlayStation developer? We are offering a career opportunity combining both your passion and skills as a software engineer while also allowing you to work with state-of-the-art technology.
These are exciting times here at PlayStation Global R&D where we aim to push the boundaries of play. Our AI research and engineering team is seeking a Software Developer highly proficient in machine learning to advance our efforts in the area of computer vision and user experiences.
- Research new machine learning and deep learning algorithms related to computer vision
- Develop new techniques in image processing
- Evaluate the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with other R&D teams and product groups
- Write tools and scripts to generate and process datasets
- Work on methods for data augmentation and synthetic data generation
- Run experiments to optimize ML models
- Build end-to-end prototypes and demos
- Deliver core technology to other SIE groups
- File patents and publish research
- Proficient with ML development using TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience in implementing different CNN and RNN architectures
- Familiarity and understanding of SOTA computer vision techniques
- Proficient with Python
- Familiarity with Linux and Git
- Ability to solve analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Good social skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to communicate research for public audiences of peers
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with different GAN architectures and Auto-encoders
- Proficient with ML development using TF2/Keras
- Experience using OpenCV
- Knowledge of full stack web development
- Knowledge of other AI/ML areas such as ASR, NLU, TTS
- Experience writing C/C++ code
- Prior contributions to the research community
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.