PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Data Governance Analyst Intern
*This is not a data science or analytics role*
San Mateo, CA
Having tons of data does not give a company the edge. Knowing how to leverage that data to drive value effectively and responsibly does. The Data Governance (DG) team, as part of SIE’s Data Strategy and Operations (DSO) group, enables the organization to do just that, through developing practical data policies and guidelines for the company to operate under (responsible), and enabling data literacy so data users can find and understand data quickly (effective). As a Data Governance Intern, you will spend your time understanding SIE’s complex data landscape, and advancing our data literacy agenda designed to match the hyper-growth of data. You will gain broad exposure to data operations across many teams and learn about their alignment with business operations. It is an exciting role but note that it is not a data science or analytics role. Based on your interest and skills you can get a chance to shape your experience by working on a variety of projects for building the foundation of data literacy. We work with a wide variety of functions including data engineers, data scientists/analysts, machine learning engineers, legal and product managers.
- Analyze and understand cutting edge data operations and processes at SIE
- Understand what a data catalog is and why it is so important in the world of big data
- Advance our agenda to mature the data catalog so that it has both breadth and depth
- Learn about APIs and build/strengthen integrations of data governance tools with other tools
- Learn about data governance
- You are pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree and have demonstrated passion for working data-related fields
- You have hands-on experience with data and database systems, with a good understanding of relational database concepts
- You are an absolute self-starter and have a strong sense of pride and ownership for your work
- You are a great communicator, both verbal and written
- Having exposure or experience with using APIs, analytics tools like Tableau and cloud platforms such as AWS and Snowflake would be a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.