PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Content Acquisitions Manager
Los Angeles, CA
PlayStation Network is a one stop shop for not only the best games, but for all forms of premium entertainment including Movies, TV, and Apps. With significant video engagement on the platform, PlayStation Video has become integral to driving non-game activity on PlayStation Network.
As a Content Acquisitions Manager, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for content licensing and strategic account management for the global PlayStation Video service. You are a skilled negotiator in a high pressure and dynamic environment with hands on experience leading and closing complex licensing agreements with major studios, networks and local distributors. You know the difference between TVOD, SVOD and AVOD, and have a solid understanding of video formats and technologies. You will also be required to take on account management responsibilities on some accounts. You are motivated, data obsessed and can drill down to find solutions to problems. The work that you do will have a direct impact on business initiatives and add value to the future of PlayStation Video.
How you will spend your time:
- Manage a pipeline of ongoing renewals, amendments and side letters to secure new rights or new commercial terms for a portfolio of partners ranging from major studios to independent distributors globally.
- Work closely with various internal business units - content operations, pricing and store/merchandising operations - to insure that PlayStation Video maintains a competitive offering across all major marketplaces.
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders to set territory and partner-specific content strategies within a global strategic framework that maximizes revenue while maintaining both budget expectations and contractual obligations.
- Manage day-to-day partnership activities ranging from content selection to resolution of content delivery issues.
- Develop and maintain strong direct relationships with content partners and discuss strategies for account growth in order to maximize business performance.
- Closely collaborate with internal teams (merchandising, marketing, operations and pricing) to identify and implement ongoing promotional activities.
- 3+ years of prior content acquisitions/licensing experience, ideally at a studio, digital video service or top tier consulting firm/investment bank
- Experience negotiating licensing agreements from start to finish (you will be asked to provide detailed examples)
- Exceptional financial and quantitative analysis skills to identify trends impacting the business and build out an action plan
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under tight time constraints
- Keen attention to detail and understanding of operational processes
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively across functions internally and build strong relationships externally
- Masters in relevant field, a plus
- Business level fluency in Japanese
- Working knowledge of the digital supply chain, video formats and security
- Knowledge of and passion for media, entertainment, and technology industries (including key players, growth trends and drivers, new media models, industry structure, etc.)
- Familiarity with PlayStation and services offered
- Experience working in a national or global company
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.