PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Program Manager
San Diego, CA
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Program Manager to lead and handle end-to-end delivery of critical programs. You will partner with a global organization worldwide including SIE Engineering, Product, and Executive leadership. You will be responsible for programs which span a variety of projects, teams, geographical locations, areas of focus, and achievements. The responsibilities listed are not all-inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Owning project and program schedules, task assignments, and leading overall schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and actively running dependencies, mitigating risks, and executive reporting.
- Partner with cross-functional leadership and executives to define and implement process improvements across Engineering and Operational teams to drive execution, optimize delivery, handle risk, and provide overall transparency
- Collaborating with staff and management to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks.
- You will also have the opportunity to contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the Program Management group.
- Experience in establishing and developing global, complex enterprise scale programs from initial kick-off through launch.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Program/Project Manager
- Previous experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Proficiency with tools used in Agile development (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Motivated, organized self-starter with strong problem solving capabilities
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions
- Excellent presentation skills across all levels of internal and external partners
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures) Leadership judgement learning agility, deep understanding of program management standards, risk management, affiliation partnership
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
- Previous experience with event coordination/planning
- SAFE knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com) or similar large-scale agile implementation
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.