PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
San Mateo, CA
You are eager to learn and ambitious with an eye towards research in areas within Computer Vision. You will utilize innovative technologies and craft new techniques in Image Processing. You will build and run new experiments in order to optimize the Machine Learning models. You will find and discover new methods for data augmentation and synthetic data generation. Other tasks may require you to collaborate on existing research projects.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Computer Science (or related technical field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- Experience (classroom or work related) in one or more areas of computer science, such as Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and/or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence)
- Ability to crack analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to communicate research for public audiences of peers
- Proficiency with ML development using PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Proficiency with Python
- Pursuing a Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science (or related technical field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab
- Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers (i.e. being listed as author) in major conferences or journals
- Experience in ML development using Keras and TF2
- Experience in NodeJS
About Deemed Export
Deemed export: The U.S. Government controls foreign access to sensitive equipment, software, and technology as a means to promote national security and foreign policy objectives. The position you are applying for may require you to have access and/or use technology and/or software which may be subject to the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"). In some circumstances, SIE may need to obtain authorization from the appropriate governmental agency of the United States to allow individuals who are not a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or protected individual under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) to access controlled technology. If such authorization is not available under a license exception and/or authorization is denied by the U.S. Department of Commerce, an adverse action to the internship may be required.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.