PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Digital Analytics and Monetization Intern
San Mateo, CA
The Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) Digital Analytics and Monetization Group is responsible for helping 3rd Party Game Publishers such as Activision, 2K, and Capcom make crucial game-related business decisions.
- You will utilize your passion and knowledge of video games in order to use platform-level data to provide insights and recommendations for our partners.
Projects range from helping publishers understand game-level consumer behavior trends which could help craft their portfolio strategy, to advising on DLC/MTX content models for major AAA franchises. You will directly support the Senior Digital Analytics and Monetization Manager on all strategy and data-driven aspects of the group, including:
- Querying data and creating methodologies to complete industry-shaping 3rd Party Publisher projects that could impact revenue
- Drawing insights from data which would allow publishers understand how to engage/re-engage/monetize players
- Build a deep knowledge of individual games including user analytics in tandem with thinking like a gamer in order to derive best practices which will be shared across all publishers and thus, increase revenue across the board
- Identify user behavior/digital revenue trends to actively consult 3rd Party Publishers with analytical/monetization strategies
- Partner with departments across PlayStation to determine ways to best serve 3rd Party Publishers
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- Proven skills in database query tools such as Tableau and SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- A passion and familiarity with console/PC games
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills, and an eye for business opportunities
- Highly motivated with outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels
- An ability to learn/share opinions across PlayStation departments and 3rd Party Publishers
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.