PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Corporate Development Intern
San Mateo, CA
SIE’s Corporate Development Team works closely with SIE’s management team and is responsible for identifying inorganic growth opportunities through acquisitions, investments or joint ventures. The team sources, evaluates and executes transactions that are aligned with SIE’s strategic priorities and drive significant long-term value for the company.
- You are ambitious and a self-starter who can develop market insights through strong internal and external relationships to identify attractive M&A and investment opportunities. Opportunities are assessed based on rigorous investment criteria and evaluation by internal partners. You are a great teammate and will help your colleagues to develop business cases (including synergies) and drive executions of transactions. You can learn quickly and will provide support across all of these areas, with a particular focus on target evaluation and financial analysis.
- Pursuing an MBA is preferred; BA is required and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- 2+ years of investment banking, corporate development (M&A) experience. Will also consider work experience in finance or management consulting.
- Experience evaluating inorganic growth opportunities, including identifying key strategic themes and building financial models and presentations
- Strategic, quantitative and financial modelling skills, including the ability to structure the rationale for M&A recommendations and to support it with data and financial models
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and PowerPoint
- Data savvy with the ability to drill down and identify key drivers and communicate insightful, actionable recommendations
- Highly motivated with outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Experience working for a major video gaming or entertainment company is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.